Surrounded by 80 acres of fields and woodlands, Finberg campers enjoy their summers exploring, playing, creating, swimming, and making lifelong memories in the great outdoors. Led by a staff team of caring and active role models, the campers participate in a wide range of activities, including archery, swimming, arts and crafts, nature, team-building, ropes course challenges, sports, hiking, and so much more!
Summer 2021 Dates: June 14-September 3
MON-FRI 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Extended Day Hours: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Location: Norton Outdoor Center
295 West Main Street, Norton
Registration is now closed.
Due to our current enrollment and capacity limits, registration is now closed for the summer of 2021.
Little Hawks – Ages 3 & 4
Eagles – Entering Grades K-1
Whether this is your child’s first camp experience or fourth, our Lower Camp days are action packed and filled with fun! Each day includes developmentally appropriate activities in small camper-to-staff ratios to enhance social and emotional skills and to help build strong, independent kids.
Our Lower Camp Program includes:
• Group ratio of 1 counselor to 5 campers
• Swim lessons, free swim, and splash pad time every day
• Arts activities every day
• Active group games and play time throughout the day
• Relaxation and quiet activities after lunch to recharge for a fun afternoon
• Theme weeks to make every day exciting and new.
Eagles Campers also experience:
• Team-building activities on the Low Ropes Challenge Course
• Team games to build the foundations of sportsmanship.
Flyers – Entering Grades 2-3
Voyagers – Entering Grades 4-5
With an emphasis on team building and collaborative games, our Middle Camp program encourages campers to feel a strong sense of belonging at camp and to develop lifelong camp friendships. With this group, we also introduce outdoor adventures through archery and our high ropes challenge course.
Our Middle Camp Program includes:
• Group ratio of 1 counselor to 10 campers
• Swim lessons and free swim every day to strengthen swimming skills
• Daily Arts program to foster creativity
• Team and individual sports, trailblazing, and more
• Group initiatives on our Low, Middle, and High Ropes Course
• Theme activities every day to engage campers in longstanding camp traditions
Trailblazers – Entering Grades 6-7
Big Cats – Entering Grades 8-9
To help our older campers build on their expertise and talents in specific areas, our Upper Camp offers opportunities for campers to specialize and choose their favorite specialty areas, including archery, arts, team building, the ropes course, and leadership development. This age group focuses on developing self-esteem, responsibility, disconnecting from social pressures, and building camp connections – all while having fun!
The Upper Camp Program includes:
• Participation in swim lessons, free swim, and aquatic challenges every day to strengthen swim skills
• Opportunities to choose which specialty areas they will attend to create a personalized camp experience
• Nature and conservation activities
• Individual and team sports activities
• Team building and group initiatives on the Ropes Challenge Course
• The Big Cats also have the opportunity to participate in Leaders in Training projects and activities to begin taking on a
leadership role at camp.