The Attleboro Norton YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we have developed the following Policies & Procedures. We expect all Members and guest to act in accordance with the policies listed here:
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Act according to the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility at all times.
- Physical or verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation, sexual innuendo or display, public displays of affection, and offensive behavior of any kind are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Respect the Y’s property and the property of others. Please pick up after yourself and leave each area in the same or better condition than when you arrived. The Y will not tolerate theft or destructive behavior.
- The Y strictly prohibits the carrying or concealing of weapons or objects that may be used as weapons.
- The YMCA is a smoke-free, vape-free, drug-free, and alcohol-free facility. This also includes the Y grounds and parking areas. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Our YMCA is welcoming to all. We expect our staff and our members to respect the differences among our diverse member population. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Members and guests must adhere to any rules or policies posted in specific facility areas.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to respond accordingly, up to and including the termination of a member’s or guest’s facility access.
- The YMCA staff may take pictures and videos of various activities for promotional use, but only with the oral consent of adults and with written parental consent for children. Please let us know if you do not wish to be included in these medias.
- Photography and videotaping by members and guests are permitted in YMCA recreation facilities with the exception of restrooms and locker rooms. Personal photography and videotaping is defined as media of friends/family obtained informally for personal/private use. Personal photography for commercial purposes is not allowed.
- Cell phone, camera or video camera use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms and rest rooms.
- Taking photos or videos of adults without their consent is prohibited.
- Taking photos or videos of children without parental consent is prohibited and is cause for immediate removal from the YMCA facility.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICIES
At the Attleboro Norton YMCA, we believe it is our duty and obligation to protect every child who walks through our doors or participates in one of our programs. To ensure your child’s safety, we have developed these Child Protection Policies. Child protection is a community initiative that requires teamwork and cooperation from all sides. We ask that you review these policies and follow the YMCA’s guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Courtney Harrness at email@example.com or (508) 409-0763.
MEMBER & GUEST SCREENINGS
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.