The Attleboro YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. For the safety and comfort of all, we ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds our guiding principles of honesty, responsibility, caring, and respect at all times.
Please note that our Member Code of Conduct has been updated to reflect current community health concerns. All members must agree to our new Code of Conduct before gaining access to the facility. Failure to comply is not an option. We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. Any member who refuses to comply with social distancing requirements may be asked to leave.
Requirements for Personal Safety & Social Distancing
- Forehead thermometer temperature scans may be required of all individuals entering the facility.
- Members are expected to wear face masks/coverings as they enter the building and to wear them throughout the lobby, hallways, and other public areas of the building where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Use the supplied cleaning supplies to sanitize equipment before and after use. In addition, the Y staff will conduct regular cleaning of the equipment.
- Do not use any equipment marked with red cones. Do not enter any areas of the facility that are marked as closed. These are not available for use.
- Maintain a distance of no less than 6 feet from other individuals at all times.
- Sweat towels, water bottles, and other personal belongings must be kept with you at all times. No lockers or other storage places will be available. We recommend that you leave valuables at home whenever possible.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
Member Code of Conduct
- Act according to the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility at all times.
- Physical or verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation, sexual innuendo or display, public displays of affection, and offensive behavior of any kind are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Respect the Y’s property and the property of others. Please pick up after yourself and leave each area in the same or better condition than when you arrived. The Y will not tolerate theft or destructive behavior.
- The Y strictly prohibits the carrying or concealing of weapons or objects that may be used as weapons.
- The YMCA is a smoke-free, vape-free, drug-free, and alcohol-free facility. This also includes the Y grounds and parking areas. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Our YMCA is welcoming to all. We expect our staff and our members to respect the differences among our diverse member population. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Members and guests must adhere to any rules or policies posted in specific facility areas.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to respond accordingly, up to and including the termination of a member’s or guest’s facility access.
Participant Release & Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge and agree that any use of Attleboro YMCA facilities, services, equipment and premises (“Facilities”) and any participation in Attleboro YMCA programs and activities (“Programs”) on or off YMCA premises comes with inherent risks including, but in no way limited to: (1) moderate and severe personal injury, (2) property damage, (3) disability, (4) death, and (5) sickness or disease including, without limitation, contracting COVID-19. I voluntarily accept and assume full responsibility for these risks as well as any and all other risks of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs. I fully understand the ease of transmission of COVID-19 and I agree that I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of all such risks and am not relying on all such risks being described in this document.
Waiver, Release, Indemnification & Covenant Not to Sue
In consideration of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs I, the undersigned, agree that the Attleboro YMCA its officers, directors, agents, employees, volunteers, insurers and representatives (“Releasees”) will not be liable for any personal injury, property damage, disability, death, sickness or disease incurred by myself, my family members, dependents, or guests, including minors, however occurring. I understand that I will be solely responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury, property damage, disability, death, sickness or disease sustained from the use of Facilities and participation in Programs.
I further agree, on behalf of myself and any and all legal successors and proxies, to release and HEREBY DO RELEASE, WAIVE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Releasees from any causes of action, claims, suits, liabilities or demands of any nature. I assume all risk and responsibilities arising from participation as do myself, my heirs and personal representatives hereby hold harmless, indemnify, release and forever discharge the Attleboro YMCA, it’s officers, agents, coaches, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands and actions or causes of action on account of property damage, physical injury or death which may occur during the period of participation.
In further consideration of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs, I agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees from any and all causes of action, claims, demands, losses, suits, liabilities or costs of any nature whatsoever. , arising out of or in any way related to the use of Facilities and participation in Programs by myself, my family members, dependents or guests, including any minors.