YMCA CODE OF CONDUCT
The Attleboro YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
Members and guests shall abide by the following rules:
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Be aware of others around you and behave in a respectful manner
- Refrain from angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Do not engage in physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Refrain from any public displays of affection or demonstration of sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Do not harass or intimidate others with words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate, non-threatening, and inoffensive way when at the Y.
- Please pick up after yourself and leave each area of the facility in the same or better condition than when you arrived.
- Respect the Y’s property and the property of others. The Y will not tolerate theft or destructive behavior.
- The Y strictly prohibits the carrying or concealing of weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- The Y also prohibits the use or possession of illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- The use of audio, camera, and video recording devices is prohibited in all Attleboro YMCA facilities without the consent of a Y staff member and the subject.
- Everyone should enter and exit the Y facility through the front door. Allowing or assisting unauthorized persons access to the facility is prohibited.
- The Attleboro YMCA is a smoke-free facility. Tobacco is prohibited in or around the property.
In our efforts to improve the community’s health and well-being, the Attleboro Y encourages members and guests of all ages to utilize our facilities. Whether you’re 3 or 93, we applaud your commitment to a healthy lifestyle! For the safety of our younger members, we ask all of our members to adhere to the Attleboro Y’s Youth Access Policy.
General facility access:
0-8 years old
Children must be participating in a YMCA program or directly supervised by an adult at all times.
9-11 years old
Children must be participating in a YMCA program or must have a parent or guardian in the facility at all times. Please check with the Welcome Center about which areas are open to this age group without direct parent supervision.
12 –14 years old
Youth members of 12 or 14 years of age able to enjoy unsupervised access to the facility until 9:00 p.m. After 9:00 p.m., these youth members must be with an adult.
All members ages 12-18 must sign the Y’s Youth & Teen Code of Conduct in order to enjoy unsupervised youth of the Y facility.
As with all of our members, Youth Members may be denied access to certain areas or specific member benefits if they display inappropriate behavior.
YOUTH & FAMILY SWIM GUIDELINES
- Parents are responsible for actively supervising their children at all times.
- All swimmers 12 and under must take a swim test that demonstrates that the child can proficiently swim 25 yards without stopping.
- Children under 9 must be accompanied in the pool area or in the water by an adult. Any child under 9 who does not pass the swim test must be accompanied by an adult in the water and stay within arm’s reach in the shallow end.
- Only YMCA bubbles, lifejackets and Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed. No inflatable devices such as water wings, inner tubes, rafts, etc. are permitted.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
At the Attleboro YMCA, we believe it is our duty and obligation to protect every child who walks through our doors or participates in one of our programs. To ensure your child’s safety, we have developed this Child Protection Policy.Child protection is a community initiative that requires teamwork and cooperation from all sides. We ask that you review these policies and follow the YMCA’s guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Robin McDonald at (508) 409-0763.