No matter what your child’s interests may be, the Attleboro YMCA Specialty Camps have the perfect option for you. Our specialty camps help kids strengthen their skills, discover new talents, and develop confidence in their own potential!
This summer, all of our Specialty Camps will take place at the Norton Outdoor Center, home of Camp Finberg!
MON-FRI 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Extended Day Hours: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Location: Norton Outdoor Center
295 West Main Street, Norton
Limited spaces remain in our specialty camp programs!
A $50 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of registration for each week of specialty camp. Please note that your child’s registration is not considered final until we receive your child’s physical and immunization records.
Specialty Camp Weekly Fees:
$275 for Y Members, $300 for Non-Members
(For Extended Day, add $25 for Y Members and $35 for Non-Members)
FLAG FOOTBALL CAMP
This fun week of camp welcomes players of all skill levels. For players who have never played organized football, this is a perfect opportunity to introduce the game in a controlled and structured environment. While learning basic fundamentals, players will be able to develop their skills and gain confidence. Experienced players can sharpen their fundamentals and learn new techniques through a variety of drills and games.
• Improve knowledge of the game while having fun and staying safe
• Gain experience catching and throwing
• Provides athletes with an opportunity to try all positions
• Improve ball security, run and escape moves, and hand-off mechanics
Flag Football Camp Dates:
August 2-6 > Register online.
SUPER SPORTS CAMP
The goal of our Super Sports camp is to offer every child an opportunity to try out multiple sports each week to see what they enjoy most. Skills and drills will be offered in a fun environment while building skills and learning more about the sport of the day. Kids will participate in Soccer, Lacrosse, Flag Football, Basketball and more.
• Improve basic game skills of all sports
• Improve overall fitness
• Offer continual coaching during instructional and game situations
• Learn basic strategies and rules of multiple sports
• Emphasize teamwork and fair play
• Learn more about the sports they participate in to help choose what they would like to learn more about
Super Sports Camp Dates:
BACKYARD SPORTS CAMP
A week of all things that kids love most about playing sports in the backyard with friends! Fun, friendship, team work and sports all rolled into one week.
• Learn fun games such as Pickleball, Badminton, Messy Backyard, Kickball and more
• Become a better team player, and learn team building skills
• Get active outside with friends
• Learn about sports from other parts of the world and from times past
Backyard Sports Camp Dates:
August 9-13 > Register online.
TRACK & FIELD CAMP
This camp was developed to introduce young athletes to this sport rich in tradition and history. Combining technical
development and fundamental techniques with safety and a major focus on fun! Our exercises and drills will prepare athletes for a future in cross-country, track and field events, distance running, while inspiring a love for running and being active. Participants will put it all together for one fun-filled day at the end of the week at the Finberg track and field meet!
• Improve fundamentals of body positioning and stride
• Learn about cool-down techniques
• Gain knowledge of proper stretching for runners
• Explore field events, such as javelin, discus, and shot put
Track & Field Camp Dates:
August 23-27 > Register online.
Explore new ways to use your imagination while at the pool! We will work as a team to develop creative projects that can move from land to pool. Swim, float, row, paddle … we’ll do it all! To participate, each camper must complete a swim evaluation prior to beginning camp. Our Aquatics Director will contact you after registration to schedule an appointment.
Aquatics Adventure Camp Dates:
July 26-30 > Register online.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE CAMPS
OUTDOOR CHALLENGERS I
Up for a challenge? Learn to navigate trails, conquer new heights, and learn basic wilderness skills. Daily challenges
promote teamwork, logical reasoning, and a chance to take on Mother Nature.
Outdoor Challengers I Dates
August 2-6 > Register online.
OUTDOOR CHALLENGERS II
Put your adventurous spirit to the test! Campers will have the opportunity to explore the challenge course to the fullest,
navigate 80 acres of surrounding woods, and exercise the elements of wilderness survival. This session culminates with
an outdoor camping adventure when the campers put their new skills into action!
Outdoor Challengers II Dates
August 16-20 > Register online.