The Attleboro YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. For the safety and comfort of all, we ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds our guiding principles of honesty, responsibility, caring, and respect at all times.
Please note that our Member Code of Conduct has been updated to reflect current community health concerns. All members must agree to our new Code of Conduct before gaining access to the facility. Failure to comply is not an option. We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. Any member who refuses to comply with social distancing requirements may be asked to leave.
Requirements for Personal Safety & Social Distancing
- Forehead thermometer temperature scans may be required of all individuals entering the facility.
- Members are expected to wear face masks/coverings as they enter the building and to wear them throughout the lobby, hallways, and other public areas of the building where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Use the supplied cleaning supplies to sanitize equipment before and after use. In addition, the Y staff will conduct regular cleaning of the equipment.
- Do not use any equipment marked with red cones. Do not enter any areas of the facility that are marked as closed. These are not available for use.
- Maintain a distance of no less than 6 feet from other individuals at all times.
- Sweat towels, water bottles, and other personal belongings must be kept with you at all times. No lockers or other storage places will be available. We recommend that you leave valuables at home whenever possible.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
Member Code of Conduct
- Act according to the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility at all times.
- Physical or verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation, sexual innuendo or display, public displays of affection, and offensive behavior of any kind are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Respect the Y’s property and the property of others. Please pick up after yourself and leave each area in the same or better condition than when you arrived. The Y will not tolerate theft or destructive behavior.
- The Y strictly prohibits the carrying or concealing of weapons or objects that may be used as weapons.
- The YMCA is a smoke-free, vape-free, drug-free, and alcohol-free facility. This also includes the Y grounds and parking areas. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Our YMCA is welcoming to all. We expect our staff and our members to respect the differences among our diverse member population. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Members and guests must adhere to any rules or policies posted in specific facility areas.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to respond accordingly, up to and including the termination of a member’s or guest’s facility access.