May 22, 2020: MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
Dear Attleboro Y Members,
Over the past few days, we’ve received a number of calls and emails asking what our exact opening date is. Unfortunately, as we’re subject to the state’s reopening plan and guidelines, we don’t know what that date is just yet.
As of right now, we expect to be able to open our facilities for Attleboro YMCA members only according to the following schedule:
- Norton Outdoor Center – Phase 2 (potentially mid June)
- Downtown Branch – Phase 3 (potentially late June)
- Camp Finberg – July 13
- Pleasant Street Branch – Potentially late summer/Labor Day
We’ve also received a number of questions regarding youth access to the facilities. In response, we’ve established the following Family/Youth Guidelines for when we initially reopen. Please note that this is just during our initial stages of reopening, based on which areas and programs we expect to be available at that time.
Norton Outdoor Center
- The outdoor pool and splash pad will be open to Attleboro YMCA members of all ages. However, all children under 15 must be in direct supervision by an adult guardian at all times.
- Teen members 16 and older are welcome to use the fitness areas, but must follow the adult rules and new code of conduct around social distancing.
- Youth and Teen members ages 8-15 may use the fitness areas, but must be within arm’s length of an adult guardian at all times.
- Youth members 7 and under will not be allowed to access the Downtown Branch during our early stages of reopening, unless they are enrolled in our Child Care program.
Please note that when we do open, it will be a slow, gradual process – and the rules, policies, and offerings will continue to evolve as we move forward. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding, as we work to keep all of our members and staff safe.
We will send out more updates as more detailed information becomes available.
May 20, 2020: MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
Dear Attleboro YMCA members, participants, volunteers, friends, and staff,
They say that patience is a virtue. We’re really trying, but we miss you!
After Governor Baker’s announcement on Monday, we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to welcome you back soon. At this point, we plan to open the Norton Outdoor Center pool and splash pad as part of Phase 2 and our Downtown Branch membership operations and Camp Finberg as part of Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan.
In the meantime, we’re working hard to ensure that when the Y reopens, we’re providing the safest environment for all of our members and staff. Your health and well-being is our priority.
Read on to learn how we’re preparing for your return. In addition, if you have found yourself in financial difficulties through this crisis, the Y has resources available to help you through this challenging time.
As our reopening date approaches, we want to make sure that all of our Members understand that the Y’s policies and procedures will change significantly to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Here are just some of the steps we’re taking to prepare:
- All staff will be trained on new health and safety protocols.
- We will restrict capacity and activities, based on state and local requirements. We will also modify the hours that we’re open.
- We will adopt new staffing patterns and protocols to ensure that all members are complying with social distancing policies.
- All members will be subject to a temperature check prior to entering the facility.
- Members and staff will need to wear masks at all times inside the facility (unless swimming).
- Only Attleboro YMCA members will have access to our facilities. No guests, day passes, or members from other YMCAs will be allowed.
- All members must sign a new Code of Conduct prior to their return to the Y.
- We will have new procedures for members to reserve lap lanes, places in fitness classes, and more to ensure that these areas do not exceed a safe capacity.
As we near our opening date, we will send out further communications with more details to prepare everyone for our reopening!
FOOD ASSISTANCE & HELP WITH PRESCRIPTIONS
We know that many of our members and neighbors have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 community health crisis and the subsequent shutdown.
Thanks to a grant from the Greater Attleboro Stronger Together Fund, the Attleboro Y is now able to provide some assistance through gift cards to local grocery stores and pharmacies to help those in need access food and prescriptions.
If you’d like to help our efforts, please make an online donation to the Fund.
If you are someone in need, please fill out a brief online form. One of the Y staff will be in touch with you within 2-3 days after we receive your application.
If you are looking for additional help with food, housing, mental health services, or medical help, we encourage you to review all of the resources that are available at the Stronger Together Fund’s Emergency Resources page.
MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Thank you for keeping your membership active to support the Y’s cause. Your support makes it possible for the Y to do the following:
- Provide free emergency child care for the children of essential workers.
- Support our low-income residents with housing relief and hot meals.
- Clean, paint, repair, and maintain our facilities so we’re ready to serve you as soon as we’re able to reopen.
However, we understand that everyone’s circumstances are changing. If at any time you feel the need to place your membership on hold, you may do so at attleboroymca.org/managemymembership.