Make an impact by being a part of the Attleboro Y’s 11th annual Spin-a-Thon on Saturday, March 10th!
This annual event has grown through the years to a gym filled with 100 bikes and more than 400 Y members, friends, family, and community members riding together to raise funds for the Y’s Annual Campaign to strengthen our community! It doesn’t matter if you’re an avid cyclist or someone who’s never seen a bike. This day is about having fun, working up a sweat (a lot or a little – you decide), and making a difference.
Saturday, March 10, 2018
11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (Each Rider rides for one hour.)
Attleboro YMCA Downtown Branch
JOIN A TEAM OR START YOUR OWN
As a Rider, you’ll join a team of 12 friends, family, and co-workers. For every hour, three of your teammates will ride together to keep your team’s bikes moving for four hours. Each team will work together to fundraise a total of $1,800—the equivalent of sending 10 kids to summer camp!
IMPACT OF THE SPIN-A-THON
By supporting the Y with your time, energy, and pledges, you help ensure a brighter future for the communities of Attleboro and Norton. Every gift to the Attleboro Y helps young people achieve their potential, empowers people of all ages to lead healthier lives, and strengthens the bonds of community.
Funds raised through the Y’s Annual Campaign have had a lasting impact on so many in the following ways over the last year alone:
- More than 30 at-risk youth connected with positive adult role models and developed healthy, decision-making skills through two new group mentoring and empowerment programs.
- More than 200 low-income youth received scholarships to summer camp.
- 50 cancer survivors regained new strength of body and spirit through the free Livestrong at the YMCA program.
- 25 Multiple Sclerosis sufferers discovered new ways to cope with the effects of their disease through the Y’s free MS Strong program.
- Wellness programs and subsidized group memberships for youth and adults with developmental challenges.
- More than 2,000 people are able to be part of the Attleboro Y through subsidized memberships each year.
- The Y is able to expand its community outreach programs to youth throughout Attleboro and Norton.