Renovation projects are now underway at the Downtown Branch! Here are our latest updates as of May 16th.
Project #1: Carpenter Gym / Cycle Studio / Kickboxing Studio
The Carpenter Gym/Cycle Studio/Kickboxing Studio project continues to go smoothly. Many thanks to everyone for being so understanding and cooperative throughout the project so far.
Please remember that we’ve had to make the following adjustments during this project:
- The Carpenter Gym area is closed. The only times people may enter this space is to pass through on their way to regularly scheduled Kickboxing and Racquetball use as listed below.
- All Cycle classes will take place at the Pleasant Street Branch. See the new Pleasant Street Group Exercise schedule for details.
- All Kickboxing classes will take place in Racquetball Court #2.
- Racquetball Court #1 will only be available at certain times. (MON-FRI 5-9 am and 5:30-9:30 pm / SAT 7-9 am / SUN 7am-4pm)
Project #2: Women’s Health Center & Women’s Locker Room off the Sweet Pool
Big changes are coming to the Women’s Locker Rooms at the Downtown Branch! Over the next few months, we’ll go through a series of phases to develop a more spacious, modernized Women’s Locker Room.
- Currently, we’ve closed the main locker area of the Women’s Health Center, as this space will be used for the expansion of the Sturdy Physical Therapy area. During this time, please use the secondary entry down the hall to access the Women’s Health Center.
- In the next phase of this project, we’ll close the Sweet Pool Locker Room to begin renovating that space with new lockers and updated changing areas and showers.
- Once the Sweet Pool Locker Room renovations are complete, we’ll begin renovation work on the Women’s Health Center.
- Once the Women’s Health Center renovations are complete, we’ll open some walls between the two spaces to create one larger, more welcoming Women’s Locker Room.
Please note that these schedules are based on the best information we have at this point and are subject to change as the project progresses. We will you keep you posted as more information becomes available.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work to provide everyone with an even better Y experience going forward!