Renovation projects are now underway at the Downtown Branch! Here are our latest updates as of June 22nd.
Project #1: Carpenter Gym / Cycle Studio / Kickboxing Studio
We’re happy to report that the initial stages of our work to the Carpenter Gym, Cycle Studio, and Kickboxing Studio are now complete – and we’re moving on to the finish work in those areas, as well as the renovations to the Racquetball Courts.
What has been done so far:
- Windows and doors have been cut into the walls for the new studios.
- The old floor in the Carpenter Gym has been removed.
What’s still to come:
- Framing and installation of glass windows and doors to studios
- Installation of a drop ceiling and new lighting in the studios
- Installation of new sound system and wide-screen TV in the Cycle Studio
- Installation of new turf and rubber flooring in Carpenter Gym
- Painting of all areas
- Reframing and replacement of walls and ceilings in the Racquetball Courts
- New lighting in the Racquetball Courts
What you can expect in the coming weeks:
- Kickboxing: Kickboxing will return to its studio in the coming weeks once the ceiling and lights are installed. We will not wait for the installation of the windows for this move.
- Cycle: Classes will continue to take place at the Pleasant Street Branch for the next month until the finish work is completed.
- Carpenter Gym: The Carpenter Gym will remain closed until the renovations are complete. We’ll notify you of a projected timeline once we get closer to completion of the project.
- Racquetball: From now until the completion of the Racquetball Court work, we will keep one court available for play, as we plan to work on one court at at time.
Project #2: Women’s Health Center & Women’s Locker Room off the Sweet Pool
Big changes are coming to the Women’s Locker Rooms at the Downtown Branch! Over the next few months, we’ll go through a series of phases to develop a more spacious, modernized Women’s Locker Room.
- Currently, we’ve closed the main locker area of the Women’s Health Center, as this space will be used for the expansion of the Sturdy Physical Therapy area. During this time, please use the secondary entry down the hall to access the Women’s Health Center.
- In the next phase of this project, we’ll close the Sweet Pool Locker Room to begin renovating that space with new lockers and updated changing areas and showers.
- Once the Sweet Pool Locker Room renovations are complete, we’ll begin renovation work on the Women’s Health Center.
- Once the Women’s Health Center renovations are complete, we’ll open some walls between the two spaces to create one larger, more welcoming Women’s Locker Room.
Please note that these schedules are based on the best information we have at this point and are subject to change as the project progresses. We will you keep you posted as more information becomes available.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work to provide everyone with an even better Y experience going forward!