As we head into the final days of May, our camp staff is getting fired up for camp to begin at Camp Finberg on July 13th!
If you haven’t registered for camp yet, don’t forget that the deadline for our registration discounts is this Monday, June 1st! Please also keep in mind that we are nearing capacity on select weeks, so please register soon!
Early Bird Registration:
You’ll save $10 per week if you register your child for 5 full weeks or more by this Monday. (Must be a 5-day-per-week registration.)
There is a 10% discount for all the siblings of the first child registered at full price by this Monday.
(Please note: Only one discount per camper. If registering online, the Camp Registrar will apply the discount that offers your family the greatest savings.)
The Attleboro YMCA Camp Staff Team continues to make plans for an amazing summer of fun that encourages kids to unplug, explore, and connect. After the spring we’ve had, kids are going to need that more than ever.
Of course, camp will look considerably different this summer, as we make changes and adjustments in response to the threat of COVID-19. All of our plans will shift at times to meet the latest requirements, guidelines, and recommendations from the state government, the CDC, the Department of Public Health, Y of the USA, and our medical advisors.
In light of the current situation, we will make the following changes to our summer camp program:
- Delayed start date: At this point, we expect that camp will begin July 13th.
- New camp hours: Our camp program will run 7:30 am-5:30 pm. While the traditional camp program runs 8:00 am-4:30 pm, we will include extended care in the fee to make camp more affordable for working families.
- No specialty camps: This summer, we will not be offering any of our specialty camp programs or sports clinics. This will make it possible for our staff team to focus all of our efforts on our traditional camp program.
- One camp location: Both our Camp Finberg and Camp Pleasant programs will be integrated into one and will run at the Norton Outdoor Center this summer.
- No bus transportation: Due to social distancing protocols, we will not be able to provide bus transportation this summer.
- No field trips: We will not offer any offsite field trips as part of our camp program this summer.
- Reduced capacity: In order to accommodate social distancing guidelines, we will have to reduce the number of campers on site. These registration limits will be based on direction from the Board of Health.
We recognize that these changes will be disappointing for some of our camp families. We apologize for that and wish that we were heading into a typical camp summer. However, our current reality requires all of us to be flexible and open to the fact that more changes may occur to ensure the safety and health of all of our campers and staff.
If you have already registered your child for one of the specialty camps or for bus transportation, please contact our Camp Registrar Peepers Flanagan at email@example.com so she can adjust your child’s registration or refund your payments if your child will not attend camp.
Please keep in mind that we have adjusted our registration policies in the following ways:
- No-risk registration policy. Because these times are so uncertain, we’re changing our refund policies. If you decide to cancel at least 10 days prior to your child’s participation at camp this summer, we will refund any payments you’ve made, including your deposit. If for any reason the Y cannot hold a week of camp, you will receive a refund for any payments you’ve made toward that week. If your child becomes sick or potentially contagious, you may cancel up to one day prior and receive a full refund.
- Extension of our Early Bird Registration Bonus. Typically, April 30th is the Early Bird deadline. Knowing that many of you would prefer to wait and see what the new recommendations will be for the summer, we’re extending this deadline to June 1st this year. You’ll save $10 per week if you register your child for five full weeks or more by June 1st. The deadline for our Sibling Discount is also June 1st.
- Flexible schedule options at Camp Finberg. Recognizing that we all might need to be a bit more flexible with our schedules this summer, we’re allowing campers to register for 2 days or more per week at Camp Finberg. You do not have to register for a full week of camp.
You are welcome to register online to reserve your child’s place at camp. If you have any questions about registration, please contact our Camp Registrar Peepers Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it might take us a little bit longer to respond than usual, as many of our staff our working remotely.
We hope that everyone remains healthy, safe, and happy through the spring! We can’t wait to see everyone at camp this summer.