MARCH 25, 2020: COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear Attleboro YMCA members, participants, volunteers, friends, and staff,
I hope this message finds that you and your family are safe and well. Through these challenging and unpredictable times, our greatest concern continues to be the health and well-being of our members and our community.
As you know, we had to close all of our membership operations as of last Monday, March 16th, to support the statewide efforts to control the spread of COVID-19. Once that difficult decision was behind us, all of our efforts have been on how we can continue to support our members and our community through this difficult period of time – and how we can best prepare for the day when we reopen.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the Y is responding in every way we can. Your support makes it possible for the Y to do the following:
- Provide free emergency child care for the children of essential workers.
- Support our low-income residents with housing, hot meals, and additional supplies.
- Continue to pay both our full-time and part-time staff, even though our doors are closed, as long as we have the financial resources to do so.
- Clean, paint, repair, and maintain our facilities so we’re ready to serve our members as soon as we’re able to reopen.
At this time, we continue to offer Y members the following:
- Free online workouts and resources to help members continue to stay active, healthy, and connected via Your Virtual YMCA.
- Stay Health-Y 600—A free online fitness challenge among Ys nationwide.
PROGRAM & MEMBERSHIP IMPACT
Revenues from membership dues and programs are what keep our facilities and membership services running each month, including payroll and operational costs.
- At this time, all YMCA program fees, such as swim lessons, youth sports, gymnastics, dance, and karate, have been suspended. If your child is currently enrolled in one of these programs, you will not be charged on April 5th.
- If your child is enrolled in child care, you will not be be charged your regular weekly fees.
- All personal training and small group training fees will also not be charged on April 5th.
MANAGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Naturally, if you cannot continue paying your membership fees until our anticipated re-opening in April and wish to place your membership on hold, we certainly understand.
However, if you want to join many other members in funding these critical services, we invite you to stay with us and donate your membership fee. Consider your membership fees a donation so that we can use this singular remaining source of revenue to run our Emergency Childcare Centers, provide assistance to our low-income residents, maintain our facilities, and support our dedicated staff through this difficult time.
Please go to attleboroymca.org/managemymembership by Friday, March 27, 2020 to tell us how you would like to manage your membership fees during this time.
If you don’t take any action, we will continue to draft your membership as a donation. Thank you! If you get drafted in error, we will be happy to refund you.
Thank you for being a part of our Y community.